Tuesday 1 April 2014

Home Again! Sort of.

We arrived back in Melbourne last week and it felt so good to be back in our own space.  Then!  We immediately left for Somers to attend the wedding of Alec's cousin.  It was a lovely ceremony and we had some nice family time at the beach.

Alec was interviewing for a new job around the same time and one that he particularly liked offered to fly our little family to Sydney for the weekend for his final interview.  I've never been, and being one to never turn down a bit of adventure, we gladly accepted.  It was a complete whirlwind of travel; I'm glad we did it, but I'm also glad to be home.

Clementine is an absolute champion at travel!

We stayed at the QT Hotel in the CBD (this means central business district, aka downtown for the Americans).  The attention to detail was incredible, it reminded me of the Tower of Terror at Disneyland.  I know I'm bragging a little, but apparently Jamie Oliver was there at the same time as us.  It was kind of a big deal.  So naturally, the only picture I took was this one of Alec standing out front.




We tried to take the sightseeing really easy due to our recent arrival from a two month vacation in America.  We wandered around Hyde Park for most of the afternoon, it was a 2 minute walk from the hotel.  

The park is full of these trees with their huge winding trunks.  
I looked it up, this is a Hills Fig tree.



These are Australian White Ibis.  They were all over the park, we have them in Melbourne too.  You may have noticed, I love birds!  
I wish they held still longer so I could take more pictures.








Me!









After the park we meant to go to a museum, but found a restaurant right in front of said museum with a excellent patio and a view of the water/Sydney Opera House.  We stayed there all afternoon and it was amazing.  


Neither of us expected to like Sydney as much as we did.  I should also mention that no, we are not moving there, we were just there for the interview.  It felt like LA compared to San Francisco, a comparison that people make a lot.  I didn't like the people as much, but it was beautiful and more tropical and green than Melbourne.  

Plus, the beaches are so much better (you will see in my next post)!


Edit:  Here's two pictures of me in the hotel from Alec's phone.  Maybe I should do a post dedicated to pictures of me breastfeeding in cool places, as we seem to have a lot of these pictures.




No comments:

Post a Comment