Sunday 16 February 2014

Wandering San Francisco

I feel a little guilty about the blog, I haven't updated as often as I'd like even though I have a whole bunch of material from goings on in Phoenix.  I was having too much fun sitting around my parents house with my siblings to be bothered.  It will filter through eventually!

This weekend Clementine and I met Alec in San Francisco where he'd been for two weeks, so our little family is reunited.  We are staying in a home we found on Airbnb in the Sunset neighborhood right across from Golden Gate Park.  We have plenty to explore, it is quite urban and the neighborhood is filled with small businesses and restaurants.


Onto the pictures!


Watch out, cute baby with a sun hat!




Our house is only a couple houses down from the park.  We meant to go to a museum but it was so sunny and lovely that we spent the day wandering instead.  The first thing we came to was this FREAKING AMAZING ice cream truck.


Seriously.  So good and so many options.



We shared one of these badboys.  Organic chocolate soft serve on a home made waffle cone with fair trade dark chocolate dip and Maldon sea salt.  I'm not even making this up.

Note to self: do not try and eat chocolate ice cream while breastfeeding in the future.  This naturally ended up down the front of my white shirt, but I have to say it was worth it.







I laughed so hard when I saw this picture that I had to include it, even though I obviously look ridiculous.  I was making faces at Clem and yes that is chocolate on my face.  
I am a serious grown up.




This species of succulent also grows all over Melbourne, but these ones were at least a foot across.  
I wonder why they are so much bigger here.



Also giant Agave plants.


...And then we didn't take pictures for many hours because we were having too much fun.  We wandered to Richmond where we looked at cute shops and had Hawaiian BBQ chicken.



We ended the day back in front of this section of the park which is right in front of the museums.  
There were hundreds of people milling around enjoying the last of the sunshine.



We wandered to the fountain and sat on a bench watching people for a while.



Oh look, it's me!  This time without chocolate all over my face.


No comments:

Post a Comment